Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Private eyes are watching you

Now that we find out that the Bush administration has been building a database of every phone call made by every American, and possibly retaining the information in perpetuity, I can't help but wonder, what's next? Fortunately, Dubya says that in doing so, our privacy has been "fiercely protected." I'm sorry, but closely recording my communications is not "procecting my privacy" it's "invading my privacy."

So what is next? A lot of cars these days, and I think every car that GM makes from now on, has a GPS chip in it that can report the vehicle's location. A lot of cell phones have similar chips. Why not start tracking that, too? After all, now that the NSA program has been reported on by the treasonous liberal media, Al Queso is aware of the program, and will stop using the telephone. (At least that's the logic conservatives used when the warrantless surveillance program was revealed a few months ago.) They might stop using telephones all together, and start meeting in person. So we need to know where everyone in our country is at all times. You don't want the terrorists to win, do you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can stop panicking now... the USA Today story has fallen apart.

Narc said...

From where I'm standing, it doesn't look like it's falling apart to me.