Friday, February 15, 2008

Too close for comfort

For those not local, it turns out that this week's shooting at Northern Illinois University was done by a UIUC graduate student. I just found out that he lived in the same apartment complex from me, just on the other side of the parking lot. Whoa. Freaky.

I don't really have anything to say on this, but can we wait just a little while before blaming this on Illinois's lack of concealed carry laws, media violence, removing God from the public schools, video games, or the homosexual agenda? Just 72 hours before it starts getting used as ammunition for your choice of political argument. Is that so much to ask?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just listened to the special broadcast of Chicago Public Radio's 848 and the consensus is: there's too much gun control/not enough gun control/tattoos mean you are mentally ill and liable to kill/being the child of divorced parents means you are destined to become a social miscreant/all mentally ill people need to be locked up and branded as freaks/mentally people need help, but many fall through the cracks due to the broken health care system or lack of follow up care.

Pick your poison, I guess.

David said...

Hmm. I don't think I'll be visiting your apartment anymore.