Saturday, March 08, 2008

A food question

I had some cheese in the fridge that had been there a bit too long. The other day, I took it out and found it had become a bit moldy. But it was blue cheese. So does the mold make it better or worse?

6 comments:

David said...

Depends on whether or not you're trying to turn it into some kind of antibiotic.

Gamera said...

I wonder about this from time to time as well....

moon-grrl said...

I just cut the mold off and eat it (That is what the family I stayed with in France [where cheese is SERIOUS BUSINESS] used to do). Keep in mind, I was raised by an asnomic mother who couldn't tell if the milk had gone bad before she poured it on my cereal. I may have more mold/bacteria tolerance than normal people.

Katherine said...

Eww

Fig said...

Cut the mold off.
Eat the cheese.
If it tastes okay, then it is okay.
If it doesn't taste good then it isn't good.

Thus says the overeducated one

Narc said...

Yeah, I know, this post was really just a joke. I wasn't serious.

David's idea is a good one. It might help clear up this rash I've got...