Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Music #2

(Continuation of this entry.)

I stuck Winamp on shuffle this evening while making dinner, and these both came up. I think the first is my offical theme song for this election season.

Republican is the way you vote
You've got a sticker on your bumper that's how I know ...
Hey, it's Saturday night so go on down the road
I'll cancel you out when I go to the polls
Nanci Griffith, One Blade Shy of a Short Edge

I'd like to dedicate this song to the twits on Springfield that have that constantly-changing Bush/Cheney sign in front of their house. I'll be cancelling at least one of you out come Election Day.

We're living in a time of inconvenience
Compassion fails me with this meanness in the air ...
We're living in the age of communication
Where the only voices heard have money in their hands
Where greed has become a sophistication
And if you ain't got money
You ain't got nothin' in this land

Nanci Griffith, Time of Inconvenience

I think these lines just about sum up the current political climate. And they were written in 1994. I hope they won't hold true forever.

1 comment:

David said...

If you're cancelling out Mr. Plastering-My-Ignorance-On-A-Sign*, then I'm cancelling out Mrs. P-M-I-O-A-S. So as long as all our friends vote, all is good.

*DId you ever blog about my favorite sign saying from this morons: "9/11: THANK YOU BUSH CHENEY."

Like... "THANK YOU"? for 9/11? Huh? Does that even make the slightest bit of sense? No, I didn't think so.