Sunday, May 20, 2007

Fantastic Firefox plugins

Sorry, I just couldn't find a way to make that title alliterative.

Anyway, I just came across two new great Firefox plugins that I'd never heard of before. So I thought I'd make a post about what I use. If anyone else knows of useful plugins, I'd love to know what they are.

  • Adblock and Adblock Filterset.G Updater: Make banner ads a thing of the past.
  • All-in-one Gestures: This is such a simple idea, yet so incredibly useful. Control Firefox just by using the mouse.
  • Copy Plain Text: One of my pet peeves is that cutting-and-pasting from Firefox pastes rich text, with all the text formatting and links retained. This cuts and pastes from Firefox just as plain text.
  • Download Statusbar: Creates a status bar for downloads in progress, rather than a pop-up window.
  • Yet Another Window Resizer: If you ever create webpages, it's important to know how they will look on screen resolutions other than yours. This makes changing the window size a snap.