Thursday, May 06, 2004

Let's just be Friends

Today is the series finale of Friends. I'll probably watch it, or at least have it on in the background, just because I don't have much else to do. Frankly, I lost most of my interest in Friends a couple of seasons ago. Once they started hooking up all the main characters with each other, it was pretty clear that the show had passed it's peak.

But for crying out loud, you'd think that nothing else was happening in the world. The morning news-lite shows were talking about it on pretty much every station, not just NBC; Dateline did a two hour special last night; and CNN has even picked it up. I guess the fact that there's a frickin WAR on is just too much of a downer?

People, it's a half-hour sitcom that's ending. A TV show. And not a remarkably good one, either. It's not the end of the world, and it's not really that big of a deal.

No comments: