Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Little green books from Mars

I just had to walk a couple of buildings over to the electrical engineering's storeroom to pick up a spool of wire. On my way back, I was accosted by one of the several well-dressed evangelists currently prowling the Engineering Quad. I didn't even let him finish his sentence, so I don't know if the little green book he was trying to foist on to me was the New Testament, the Book of Mormon, whatever the Jehovah's Witnesses use, or what.

What with Jimmy Swaggart's recent vileness , I'm just fuming. I'm at work. OK, maybe I do work at a public university which probably has lots of drinking, dancing, partying, and otherwise Hell-bound students, but I shouldn't have to put up with self-righteous, holier-than-thou evangelists trying to convert me over to the One True Religion®.

Just go away and feed and clothe the poor, and keep your religion to yourself, thank you very much.

No comments: